Wednesday, February 22, 2017

trump Tries to Remove White Racist Image

Yesterday, d.j[ackass].  toured the African American Museum.  Why......who the hell knows?  It's reported that his wife visited the museum last week and was impressed.  The cynical side of me does not believe that trump's wife had any influence.  Maybe she said something to him, but if so, I don't believe he arranged the visit because she was impressed.  Rather, I believe his staff recognized the pressure that was building since his press conference last Thursday when he was rude to an orthodox Jewish journalist who tried to ask  trump about what the administration could do about the recent uptick in threats to Jewish gathering venues.  I believe that melania's visit gave his staff the convenient excuse for trump to visit the museum and use the visit as a platform to make a statement denouncing anti-Semitism.

So, why do I think this is a crock of crap?  Why am I cynical about trump's motives and sincerity?  Well, I'm a big fan of history.  And I believe that what a person does and says publicly over a LONG period of time reveals that person's true feelings and their moral compass.

trump is an off the cuff, bombastic speaker.  When he speaks in these ways, he reveals himself.  When he reads  very carefully and in a subdued way from a prepared statement, do you think he's being sincere?  I sure don't!  I heard what he said on NPR and immediately knew that what he was saying was not donald trump speaking.  he was very quiet.  When I looked up a Washington Post article this morning, i was not surprised to find that he had "read carefully from prepared remarks decrying bigotry and specifically condemning a wave of recent threats against Jewish centers across the country."   The article further reported that trump was "[s]canning the piece of paper with his finger as he read .....“This tour was a meaningful reminder of why we have to fight bigotry, intolerance and hatred in all of its very ugly forms.  The anti-Semitic threats targeting our Jewish community and community centers are horrible and are painful and a very sad reminder of the work that still must be done to root out hate and prejudice and evil.”".   

Without something to read in his hands, this guy has been combative and dismissive when confronted with evidence and questions about his relations with various minority groups.  Besides the aforementioned slight to the Jewish reporter last Thursday, he also "dismissed questions from reporters about his outreach to African American political leaders in Washington".

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/after-delay-and-amid-pressure-trump-denounces-racism-and-anti-semitism/2017/02/21/9c0f3508-f859-11e6-bf01-d47f8cf9b643_story.html?utm_term=.1637d10d046c

This is the same guy that lied about knowing who david duke is during his campaign last spring.  This is the guy who claimed he didn't know what the stance and ideology of the kkk is during his campaign last spring.  This is the guy who brought goebbels-bannon into his campaign i last summer and then gave him extreme overreaching powers in his administration.  By the way, for those of you who do not know who goebbels-bannon is and about him (although at this point that would be hard to believe), this guy is vocally supported by the kkk and the american nazi party and is a self proclaimed Leninist who has been quoted as saying, “Lenin wanted to destroy the state and that’s my goal too.  I want to bring everything crashing down and destroy all of today’s establishment.”

I searched for history of trump being anti-Semitic and bigotted in other ways.  Here are some results:


“I know why you’re not going to support me. You’re not going to support me because I don’t want your money …Look, I’m a negotiator like you folks, we’re negotiators.” (at a Repbulican Jewish Coalition meeting in the summer of 2016)
 “I want to thank my Jewish daughter. I have a Jewish daughter…This wasn’t in the plan but I’m very glad it happened.”(The Algemeiner’s ‘Jewish 100′ at Capitale. Feb. 2015.)  On the face of it, this may not seem anti-Semitic, but why does he need to make a point of saying his daughter is Jewish and married someone who is Jewish, and what about the part that says "this wasn't the plan"?

“I promise you that I’m much smarter than Jonathan Leibowitz - I mean Jon Stewart @TheDailyShow. Who, by the way, is totally overrated.” (A tweet about Jon Stewart in April 2013.)



“If I had these speeches, and I am not saying that I do, I would never read them… My friend Marty Davis from Paramount gave me a copy of Mein Kampf, and he’s a Jew.” (Trump’s response in a 1990 profile on whether he read Hitler’s writings.)  By the way, Davis is not Jewish




How about this one, after Hillary Clinton was nominated to run for President (note the Jewish Star of David).  This really bothered me, down in my gut.



http://www.alternet.org/election-2016/donald-trump-serial-anti-semite


In the following link from Fortune  there is way to much information to place in this post, but if you really need to see evidence of a life long history of bigotry, have at it:

http://fortune.com/2016/06/07/donald-trump-racism-quotes/


So, as they used to said on the old T.V. show To Tell the Truth "will the real donald trump please stand up".  I know which one it is!

Back to the present, puppet-spicer took exception to being asked about trump's slow response on concerns about anti-Semitism and racism yesterday. Defending trump, he said, "I think it’s ironic that no matter how many times he talks about this, that it’s never good enough."  Huhhhhhhhhh?

Jesse Jackson said, of trump's visit to the African American Museum, “I think it was a good symbolic gesture, but we need something of substance. There’s been no communication on things that matter to us.”
My thinking, regarding trump's comments on anti-Semitism are that words don't mean a damn thing, especially from him, on this subject.  If he wants to be taken seriously, then he needs to say publicly and loudly that anyone found making anti-Semitic or racist terrorist threats or committing the same will be prosecuted to the full letter of the law.  No ifs, ands, or buts!

Lastly I will say this.  trump also needs to visit the Holocaust Museum and the native American Museum.  These two museums left me emotionally drained when I toured them.  The tickets to the African American Museum have been sold out since opening day, but I can't wait to visit it and learn more about human resilience in the face of human cruelty.




















Tuesday, White House press secretary Sean Spicer dismissed the idea that Trump has been slow to address anti-Semitism and racism.
“I think it’s ironic that no matter how many times he talks about this, that it’s never good enough,” Spicer said.



“I think it was a good symbolic gesture, but we need something of substance,” civil rights leader Jesse Jackson said of Trump’s museum visit, naming issues such as voting rights, unemployment and urban renewal. “There’s been no communication on things that matter to us.”




https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/after-delay-and-amid-pressure-trump-denounces-racism-and-anti-semitism/2017/02/21/9c0f3508-f859-11e6-bf01-d47f8cf9b643_story.html?utm_term=.1637d10d046c

No comments:

Post a Comment